The Microbiome Awards provides young, extraordinary scientists with funding and recognition to carry out scientific work in the field of Microbiome research.
QIAGEN, the main sponsor of the award, is generously donating a prize package valued at up to $65,000. Click HERE for more information about the prizes.
Our panel of well-known researchers and partners will objectively assess the quality of the projects submitted.
2017 Microbiome Award Judges
|David Coil||Elisabeth Bik||Emily Hollister||Lauren Ambrogio|
QIAGEN, main sponsor of the Microbiome Awards is generously donating prizes of up to $65,000 in value to the awardee. The winner of the competition will receive the following:
- 2 year license to Microbial Genomics Pro Suite
- Analysis of 250 samples using Cosmos ID Genomics Platform
- NGS Library Prep of 96 samples using choice of kit OR $3,000 USD in library prep services
- Sample Prep of 400 samples using any DNA or RNA isolation Kit OR $3,000 USD in DNA or RNA isolation services
- FREE QIAcube or PowerLyzer Homogenizer
The winning proposal will be selected based on scientific merit and originality by a Scientific Review Committee. The winner will be contacted directly and then their name will be announced on the Microbiome Project website on October 4, 2017. All decisions are final.
Complete all required information on the application HERE by August 14, 2017.
All rules and regulations can be found HERE.
Congratulations to our 2016 Winners:
1st Place - Dr. Catherine Burke
2nd Place - Dr. Allyson Martinez
3rd Place - Dr. AndreaTarnecki
For more information about their projects or to review past winners please visit www.mobio.com/microbiome_project/winners