- Product Description
- Speed — Homogenize 24 samples in 2 ml tubes in seconds
- Strength — Widest range of mixing speeds and cycle time intervals ensure less homogenization time, less heat generation, and less sample degradation
- Silence — Compact, quiet, hands-free homogenization
- Versatility — Optimized for use with MO BIO DNA and RNA extraction kits to homogenize and lyse even the toughest biological samples
The PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer is a bead beating instrument uniquely designed for the most efficient and complete homogenization and lysis of any biological sample. In as little as 30 seconds, the PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer is capable of processing up to 24 samples in 2 ml tubes. With true "hands-free" operation, the downtime associated with manipulating samples through multiple cycles is eliminated.
Efficient homogenization method
The PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer utilizes proprietary high-velocity motion, horizontal tube positioning, and unique bead-beating technology. This technology allows beads to grind more efficiently and with less heat generation than other instruments. Lysis protocols require less time, fewer cycles and lower speeds to generate the same result.
Ultimate sample and homogenization versatility
The PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer features flexible bead-beating technology that allows homogenization of a wide range of soft to hard biological samples. This adaptability is made possible by adjusting the type of bead tubes used as well as the speed and time of homogenization. Whether you are working with soft, hard or difficult sample types, the PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer is the best all-around instrument for your homogenization needs.
With up to 99 customizable program settings, the PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer can be programmed to meet any application need. With precise revolutions-per-minute control ranging from 500-5000 rpm, and up to 10 programmable cycle interval times ranging from 1 second to 5 minutes, the PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer provides the most flexible homogenization and lysis, and the highest quality and yields of any commercially available homogenizer.
Quiet homogenization designed to fit
The PowerLyzer 24 Homogenizer's unique front-loading profile and space-saving design maximize bench space and make it easy to process samples quickly, quietly and safely. The solidly constructed motor, lid and gasket provide durability and ensure quiet operation.
Beads Uses all common grinding bead tubes and lysing matrices Capacity Up to 24 samples per run Certification FCC Part 15 and CE compliance Dimensions 18"/46cm (Depth) x 15.5"/39cm (Width) x 13"/33cm (Height) Weight 25.3 kg; 55.7lbs Format Single tubes; no cross contamination Kinetics Same kinetics for each tube Power Universal 100-230 VAC/ 50-60 Hz Tubes Uses standard 2 ml tubes Programs 99 customizable program settings Cycles 10 programmable cycles with 1 second to 5 minute intervals RPM range 500-5,000 RPM in 100 RPM increments Catalog # 13155, 13156 Old Name PowerLyzer 24 Bench Top Bead-Based Homogenizer
13155 13156 13157
- Stearns, J., Davidson, C., McKeon, S., Whelan, F., Fontes, M., & Schryvers, A. et al. (2015). Culture and molecular-based profiles show shifts in bacterial communities of the upper respiratory tract that occur with age. The ISME Journal, 9(5), 1246-1259. doi:10.1038/ismej.2014.250
- Seper, A., Hosseinzadeh, A., Gorkiewicz, G., Lichtenegger, S., Roier, S., & Leitner, D. et al. (2013). Vibrio cholerae Evades Neutrophil Extracellular Traps by the Activity of Two Extracellular Nucleases. Plos Pathog, 9(9), e1003614. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003614
- Parikka, M., Hammarn, M., Harjula, S., Halfpenny, N., Oksanen, K., & Lahtinen, M. et al. (2012). Mycobacterium marinum Causes a Latent Infection that Can Be Reactivated by Gamma Irradiation in Adult Zebrafish. Plos Pathog, 8(9), e1002944. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1002944